Wednesday, June 25, 2014

PAD #28: Age of Disappointment

Just got home from a pre-screening of the new Transformers movie.  My thoughts?  Eh... it's the usual action movie schlock.  It has good action set pieces, but as usual with a lot of these movies, they failed to capture the essence of what made the source material great.  I'll probably go into more detail on it on Friday when the movie is officially out, but in the meantime that's my thoughts on the movie.  I suppose for the sake of having something good to say, I do like the the Autobots (who aren't Optimus and Bumblebee) actually look fairly distinct now, so that when a shoot-out happens between the good guys and the bad guys it's a little easier to tell who's who.  All-in-all, it's at least closer to the third movie than to the second, which is probably about as much as we could ask for from Bay.

Had a nasty headache all day, so I wasn't really able to sit down and get anything done as far as typing goes.  So unfortunately I probably won't have a Game 4 Thought to post tomorrow.  I suppose that's what I get for procrastinating on it all week, though that's part of why I'd like to have one or two done in advance at any given time so that I have at least something to post even if I get held-up for some reason.  Anyway, what with the headache, I'm gonna call this one a bit early.

Thanks for joining me today, and I hope to see you tomorrow.  Until then, game well.

No comments:

Post a Comment