Sunday, June 8, 2014

PAD #14: Now With Titles!

Heh, just noticed that I forgot to add a title to yesterday's PAD.  Normally I just write the number and then come back to add a title once I know what I end-up rambling about, but I guess I forgot about the second part yesterday.  Ah well.  Late PAD today because I was out all day.  First I went to a graduation party for one of my cousins, then it was to my sister's place for the rest of the day for a party she was throwing.  Over-all, it was good times.

While at my sister's, my dad and I watched Inception (while other family members came and went).  It's only the second time I watched it, and forgot how awesome of a movie it is.  Definitely the kind of plot that you have to watch more than once to really get.  I suppose that's a turn-off for some people, but for me it's just the kind of movie I love.  It was interesting watching for some of the stuff I'd been reading about since it came out; like the theory of how Cobb's wedding ring was actually his totem, while the top he carries around was his wife's totem.  It would explain why she's seen holding it during some flashbacks, and it's a theory that adds some extra symbolism at the end when he forgets about the top (a reminder of his wife) in order to go be with his kids.  The movie certainly isn't without its flaws, but today was a fun reminder that its virtues more than make up for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment