Sunday, May 5, 2013

And After Nearly 4 Years, I Exist Again.

I guess writing a blog is one of those things that once you fall out of the habit, it's hard to get back into it.  Lately though, the urge the start writing has been itching at me again, so here we are, and here I am.  I want to get back into updating this blog fairly regularly; I doubt I'll get to it on a daily basis, but a few times a week would be optimal.  As for my mission goal, it'll be more-or-less the same as before.  I wanna post about what I'm up to; including gaming, movie watching, and otherwise; post reviews of the games I play, and make blogs talking about my thoughts on game design theory.

Looking at my older posts, I noticed I got started on some rules for good game design, and I'd like to keep on that list; expanding it with more habits to be avoided to engaged; things I notice that tend to consistently make a game better or worse; as well as maybe clarifying on any rules that I find people consistently misunderstand.  Heck, maybe I'll even find, with feedback, that a rule or two should be scratched.

As for what I've been up to lately, mostly Dead Island Riptide and Fire Emblem: Awakening.  In fact, with May being Zombie Awareness Month, I was thinking I'd probably start-out the reboot of Idle Thinking by talking about the under-appreciated gem that is the Dead Island series.  I wanna get a couple reviews up for each game, as well as a post or two talking about what I do and don't like about both games.  Maybe next month I'll talk a bit about Fire Emblem and my history with the Strategy/RPG genre.

As for what I've been up to the past 4 years, mostly just life.  Working, sleeping, gaming, forgetting that I had a blog on which I wanted to post, that kinda thing.  I've somehow shaken-off my addiction to World of Warcraft in that time.  Not to say that I was specifically trying to quit, just that it ran its course and now... I dunno, just not as much drive to play it anymore.  I guess that the guild stopped raiding would be part of the reason, and getting a new job that made it so I couldn't make the raid hours anyway is another factor.

So here goes, hopefully this time I actually keep-up with something of a schedule on here.  Until then, game happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment